Wednesday, January 31, 2007

 

Protect your personal information

Like many I use thumb drive. I store personal information in it. I want to protect that information even if I lose that drive. I use TrueCrypt, an open source cross platform disk encryption software. It creates an encrypted file system on a file with a password. When I mount this file, it appears as a drive.

In the above picture it appears as drive W: You can use it as a normal drive.

When I am done I will unmount it, also if the drive is not used for long time it unmounts itself. TrueCrypt has many other features like Traveler Mode. There is no Mac OS X port yet.Mac OS X version of TrueCrypt.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, you seem to know all the right tools which I wish I had!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?